We are contracted with most insurance plans. Coverage for nutrition counseling (known as Medical Nutrition Therapy or MNT) and diabetes self-management education & support (DSMES) varies with each insurance plan. Some plans cover unlimited nutrition visits as part of preventive care, while others cover a certain number of hours or visits per year and may be limited to specific conditions.
Prior to your first appointment, please contact your insurance carrier and ask the following questions:
- What type of medical nutrition therapy or diabetes education benefits do I have?
- Is my coverage limited to specific diagnoses?
- Do I need a referral from a primary care provider?
- Do I need a prior authorization before my visit?
- How many hours or visits are covered per year?
- Is there a co-payment for appointments?
- Do these appointments apply toward my deductible?
- What are my out-of-pocket expenses?
Frequently used codes include (most frequent in bold):
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Diabetes Self Management Education & Support
Online Management & Services
Continuous Glucose Monitoring
Remote Patient Monitoring
If your insurance does not cover our services. Please call us for payment options at 425-791-3087.