WWMG is excited to partner with the Washington Association for Community Health to provide a Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program at our care centers throughout North Snohomish County.
As a company that is proud to be “Genuinely Local,” WWMG strongly supports local programs that foster opportunities for our community members, while also improving the care we provide to our patients through our care centers.
What is the Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program?
Our Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program is a paid 12 month on-the-job training program at select WWMG care centers. Candidates will develop foundational skills to work in healthcare and prepare them for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant test through the National Healthcare Association.
This program is approved by the State of Washington as equivalent to a Certified Medical Assistant program at a community or technical college.
Benefits to the Apprentice:
- On-the-job training (paid) with support and guidance of a 1:1 CMA coach
- Gain valuable job experience while being paid to further your education through coursework + labs
- Develop technical skills and obtain extensive hands on experience in a variety of WWMG care centers
- Can work full time as an apprentice while completing the education program
- Full time employees are eligible to receive medical, dental, vision insurance through WWMG
What does a Medical Assistant do?
A Medical Assistant (MA) works with patients in a healthcare center, and supports the work of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants or other health providers.
Duties of an MA include:
- Ensuring exam rooms are clean, stocked, and ready for patients
- Preparing patients for provider and obtaining a full set of vitals
- Assisting provider with procedures, exams, and patient education
- Cleaning, preparing, and sterilizing medical instruments
- Performing phlebotomy, laboratory procedures, injections and documents into EMR
- Observing and following required safety protocols for general safety of employees and patients
- Answering telephones, schedule patients, process referrals and supports care team members
- Commitment to improve the experience and delivery of care for patients
- Performing other duties as assigned
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for the MA Apprentice Program, please send your resume and cover letter to: MAtraining@wwmedgroup.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply for this program. WWMG is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Our staff not only enjoys full benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, and collaboration. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.