Dawn Jae MS, RD, CDE » Providers
Dawn Jae, MS, RD, CDE
Specialties::Diabetes & Nutrition
I bring a holistic approach focusing on the whole person and using whole foods as medicine. I enjoy working collaboratively with you to design a management plan that fits with your lifestyle. I will help you understand what is happening in your body and then help you discover small, sustainable, changes that will empower you around your food and activity choices.
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
Location training and type of degree:
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology/Mental Health Concentration, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
- Master of Science, Nutrition/Didactic Program in Dietetics, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA
- Dietetic Internship – Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA
- Type 2 diabetes
- Weight management
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gestational Diabetes
- Renal disease
- Association of American Diabetes Educators (AADE)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND): Dietetic Practice Groups:
- – Diabetes Care and Education
- – Dietetics and Integrative Functional Medicine
- Washington Association of Diabetes Educators (WADE)
Volunteer work, professional speaking, publications or contributions.
- Lead RD at Camp Leo (camp for children with type 1 diabetes)
I love exploring the outdoors through hiking/backpacking, kayaking, swimming, or running. When not outdoors I am often found in the kitchen creating something nourishing for my family.