Kent W. Blakely MD
I attended medical school at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. I completed internal medicine residency, chief residency and rheumatology fellowships at the Geisinger Clinic in Pennsylvania. My wife also trained at the Geisinger Clinic as an ophthalmologist. My wife and I then returned to the Midwest in 1994 and opened our respective private practices in Nebraska in order to be near our families. We have three daughters who are now grown and living in the Western US. So, after more than twenty years of practice in rheumatology, my wife and I decided to relocate west to Washington State to be closer to our daughters and their families.
I am comfortable in the full scope of Rheumatology practice. I believe in helping patients understand their conditions and communicating this well to them improves their comfort with treatments. I also plan to participate in rheumatologic studies at WWMG Arthritis Clinic and have been active in clinical research in my past private practice. I have been a participating member in the Washington Rheumatological Alliance, American College of Rheumatology committees nationally and past member of the Rheumatoid Arthritis Investigational Network.
- Diplomate of American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate of American Board of Internal Medicine in sub-specialty of Rheumatology
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas
- Department of Internal Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- Chief Medical Resident, Department of Internal Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- Department of Rheumatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- American College of Rheumatology
- American College of Physicians
- Washington Rheumatology Alliance
- Active—Accepting New Patients
- We accept most insurance plans