Reema Jayakar, PhD
I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Specialty: Adult Neuropsychology) at Western Washington Medical Group. I provide consultation and comprehensive neuropsychological assessment to identify challenges with thinking skills (e.g., memory, attention) and emotional functioning in adults. I have a particular interest in working with the elderly, pre-surgical candidates (e.g., epilepsy surgery, DBS implantation), and individuals with cancer. My style of working is warm, collaborative, and takes into consideration each individual’s identity, culture, and unique life situation. In the past, I also conducted brain imaging research, which has helped me develop a better understanding of brain-behavior relationships. On a limited basis, I also offer psychotherapy services to address challenges with mood, anxiety, relationships, and work-life balance.
Outside of my clinical work, I enjoy speaking at community events in order to raise awareness about various clinical and psychological topics.
In the audio clip below, Reema Jayakar talks about behavior change, her path to becoming a neuropsychologist, and the universality of human emotions:
- Clinical Psychology/Neuropsychology
- Postdoctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology – Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center/Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH
- PhD – Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- Internship – Vancouver Coastal Health, Vancouver, BC
- MA – Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- BA Hons – Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC
- Neuropsychological assessment with older adults and adults
- Psychotherapy for mood and adjustment disorders
- American Psychological Association