We have been providing expert cardiovascular care to Everett and Snohomish County residents for over 35 years. Our team consists of eight academically trained cardiologists as well as 3 advanced practice clinicians (APCs) specializing in clinical cardiology, electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, vascular and endovascular medicine, cardiac and vascular imaging and congestive heart failure.
About Our Practice
At WWMG Cardiology, our mission has always been to put the needs of our patients first.
We focus on the unique health and lifestyle needs of each patient, and build an individualized care plan to meet those needs. We also seek out and partner with some of the best healthcare providers in the region to ensure our patients have access to the broadest possible range of resources.
Languages we speak: English, Hindi, Spanish, Telugu, Tamil and Vietnamese
WWMG Cardiology welcomes Dr. Ravilla Mahidhar and Lorena Barajas, ARNP, Summer 2017
Dr. Mahidhar, an interventional cardiologist, is beginning a Structural Heart program. “We can now use catheter-based procedures to fix defects in the valves and inner walls of the heart, without open-heart surgery. For selected patients with atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat) who are at high risk of stroke and cannot tolerate blood-thinning medication, new procedures can eliminate long-term need for that medication.”
“I really value and cherish the opportunity to forge lifelong relationships with my patients, and to perform procedures with a profound, positive impact on their health and quality of life. Interventional cardiology combines the best of both worlds: the problem-solving skills of a physician and the dexterity of a surgeon.”
For Lorena Barajas, cardiology offers continuous rewards. “It’s constantly changing, with more effective medications and innovative care techniques. There is also an art to cardiology, that requires focusing on the patient as an individual. I feel privileged to develop meaningful partnerships with my patients to achieve positive changes in their health and lives. I also enjoy working as part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team.”
As of July 1, 2016, WWMG Cardiology is formally affiliated with Providence Health Services, after ending its previous affiliation with Northwest Hospital and the larger UW Medicine health system.
WWMG’s cardiologists as well as their advanced practice clinicians (APCs) will continue to build on the group’s many years of excellent work in Snohomish County. Further collaboration between WWMG Cardiology and Providence Medical Group Cardiology will bring together the expertise of both groups to advance and strengthen heart and vascular care in our region.
Current WWMG Cardiology patients will see the same provider and receive services in the same space as before. You should see little changes to your insurance coverage as WWMG Cardiology under the partnership with Providence accepts the majority of the plans that we saw under Northwest Hospital. We do encourage you to check your insurance and the office to double check and ensure coverage under your current plan or network after the transition on July 1, 2016. Patients who receive care under the UW Medicine Accountable Care Network (Preferred Partnership or UMP Plus) will be out of network. If you have any questions about your cardiology care with WWMG, you can call 425-225-2700 for more information. You can read the letter sent to our patients here.
Clinical Consultation Services:
- Coronary artery and valvular heart disease
- Congestive heart failure, pericardial disease and cardiomyopathies
- Carotid and peripheral vascular disease
- Arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorders) management
- Pre-operative cardiovascular evaluation
- Hypertension and lipid (cholesterol) disorders
- Treadmill or pharmacologic cardiac stress testing with nuclear perfusion imaging
- Transthoracic and stress echocardiography with contrast enhancement
- Arterial ultrasound testing including carotid, subclavian, renal, mesenteric and lower-extremity peripheral examinations
- Abdominal aortic ultrasound
- Ankle-brachial index testing with exercise
- Pacemaker and cardiac device interrogation
- Ambulatory Holter Monitor
- King of Hearts Monitor
- Coronary angiography and interventions (angioplasty and stenting)
- Peripheral vascular angiography and interventions (angioplasty and stenting)
- Structural Heart Interventions (including TAVR – transcatheter aortic valve replacement, Watchman Device implantation for atrial fibrillation, closure of patent foramen ovale/atrial septal defect, balloon mitral valvuloplasty, and septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy)
- Temporary and permanent pacemakers
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (biventricular pacing for CHF)
- Permanent implantable defibrillators
- Invasive electrophysiologic (EP) study and arrhythmia ablations (including ablation for atrial fibrillation)
The Cardiology Imaging Center (CIC) at our Silver Lake Office is jointly administered by Western Washington Medical Group and Providence Health Services. Our CIC provides the highest level of cardiovascular testing in Everett and Snohomish County. The laboratories are professionally staffed and provide full range imaging services for heart and vascular disorders.
We are proud to announce our Nuclear Cardiology Laboratory has been accredited through the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. Any patient who needs non-invasive testing (echo, vascular, nuclear stress testing) can be referred to our office.