Jose Matthew Mata MD » Providers
Jose Matthew Mata, MD
“I joined Snohomish Family Medicine in 2018 after having practiced at a community health center in Marysville and Everett for almost 12 years. I’ve lived in Snohomish for over 10 years, so I was thrilled to see a position open up at a practice in my community. In the year prior to joining Snohomish Family Medicine, I was a faculty member at the SeaMar Family Medicine Residency program which is affiliated with the University of Washington. I was born and raised in a bilingual household in Chicago, so I do speak Spanish.
“My philosophy of care can be best described as shared decision-making. It is my job to help you decide if medical recommendations are the right choice for you and your family. Having received advanced obstetrical training, I provide maternity care as well as other care within the scope of full spectrum Family Medicine.”
“Outside of medicine, I enjoy backpacking, hiking, and camping with my wife, daughter, and son. An occasional fly-fishing trip gives me the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors on my own.”
- Family Medicine
- Board Certification, American Board of Family Medicine
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate, US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Agency
- University of California, San Francisco, MD
- University of California, Berkeley, MS
- Chief Resident, Scripps Family Practice Residency Program, Chula Vista, CA
- Residency Physician, Scripps Family Practice Residency Program, Chula Vista, CA
- Now accepting new patients.
- We accept most insurance plans.