Patients choose Western Washington Medical Group for Gastroenterology because of our experience, commitment to quality and our accessibility. Our doctors have a combined 128 years of experience in our practice. The quality standards we have set for ourselves exceed the national guidelines, and we are highly rated by our patients. Plus, we’re located within the greater Everett area, close and convenient for your visit.
About Our Practice
The Western Washington Medical Group Gastroenterology Department was established in 1980, and has continually expanded to meet the needs of Everett and surrounding communities. We are proud to offer our patients the services of doctors with excellence in training, experience, and cutting-edge techniques.
Procedures We Perform
- Upper GI Endoscopy (EGD)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- EUS (endoscopic ultrasound)
- High resolution manometry and Impedance
- Reflux testing, including Bravo, Impedance, ResTech
- Capsule endoscopy (PillCam)
- Stents – biliary, duodenal, esophageal and colonic
- EMR (endoscopic mucosal resection)
- Liver Biopsy
- Feeding Tubes (PEG)
Colon Cancer Screening Saves Lives
We encourage you to be screened for colon cancer. If diagnonsed early, colorectal cancer is preventable, and can be easily treated.
Our Cornerstones of Quality
- Quality Patient Care—We are the only accredited and certified outpatient endoscopy center in Snohomish County. We are also recognized by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program for promoting quality endoscopy. We have excellent outpatient endoscopy quality based upon long-term data that is continuously collected and compared to national guidelines.
- Patient Satisfaction—All patients at our endoscopy center are asked about their experience, and rate us very highly.
- Patient Safety—Our endoscopy procedural safety data exceeds national guidelines.
For more information, visit the Surgical Outcomes Data page.
Accreditation vs Certification
Certification is a requirement by the State of Washington Department of Health (DOH) for all outpatient procedure units. Typically referred to as Medicare Certification, it is awarded by CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services).
We have, in addition, chosen to maintain accreditation as an additional level of quality. We are accredited by one of the two main accreditation organizations— Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare (AAAHC)—for which we are routinely surveyed every three years.
Western Washington Medical Group is the only center doing outpatient endoscopy in Snohomish County (and one of the few in the state) that is both accredited and certified. We are also recognized by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy’s (ASGE) Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program for promoting quality endoscopy.